LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
4 medium sized leeks, washed and chopped, white part only
6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tsp herbs of provence
1 tsp. olive oil
4 cups turkey, chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash leeks and remove green section.
2. chop coarsely
3. Place the olive oil in a soup pot and add the leeks. Saute until beginning to turn brown.
4. Meanwhile peel and chop the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
5. Add potatoes to the leeks and continue to stir until coated with olive oil.
6. Add herbs of provence and stir.
Pour stock over the mixture and stuir. Allow to simmer until potatoes are tender.
7.Using a ladle, carefully put the cooked soup into a blender or food processor and blend just until smooth. Don’t over blend as the mixture will become gluey.
8. Return the blended soup back to the pot and slowly add the cream while stirring. Heat through and serve topped with chopped parsley or dill.