750g uncooked prawns
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. chilli powder
1/2 tsp. masala
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/4c brown vinegar
2 large onions
1 medium red pepper
1. process ginger, garlic, chilli powder, garam masala, cinnamon, cumin and tomato paste until smooth.
2. with motor still running pour vinegar and oil in a thin stream.
3. Pour mixture over prawns, mix well, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
4. Heat oil, stir in onions and peppers and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in prawns and continue to cook, stirring until prawns are cooked.
6. Serve with brown rice or noodles.